A custom mouthguard protects more than just your teeth. It protects your whole head during any athletic endeavour.
- A mouthguard may reduce concussions. Concussions are becoming more common in many sports. With a custom fit mouthguard, studies have shown a possible reduction in concussion cases.
- A mouthguard protects the jaw joint. The mouthguard absorbs and spreads the impact or blow to the face, which may otherwise result in a major injury to the delicate jaw joint.
- A mouthguard protects soft tissue around the mouth. Lacerations, bruised lips, cheeks and gums can result from direct impact to the mouth. The reinforcement of a custom mouthguard can eliminate painful soft tissue injuries.
- A mouthguard cushions teeth from high impact. Any sport has a possibility of delivering a heavy blow to the teeth and mouth. Wearing a custom mouthguard during athletic competition decreases the chance of chipping, breaking or knocking out a tooth.
- A mouthguard may prevent major head and neck injuries. Any impact to the head or jaw can create a serious injury. A custom mouthguard diminishes the likelihood of jaw dislodgement or neck trauma.